Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shameless Self-Promotion

Somewhere in my busy lists of identities (right between sleeper and television watcher) you might want to add songwriter. That's right kids, your old pal Rob plays a mean G-chord, like no other. Anyway, my thoughts on the guitar are simple : destructive noise maker that can potentially cut people's minds in half. I mean that metaphorically; most people find my blend of song irritating, distracting, a mindless form of repetition that does little to bring world peace for the human race. I digress, defeated.

Not that I haven't met people that were entertained. But mothers are never a great source of feedback, so you'll have to decide for yourself. Today I added a song to my music myspace, entitled Too Much Reverb. It's a folky sad thing I guess, with a bit too much reverb, but I like the fact that I have a little collection of songs on my iTunes by Robert Ferguson, the songwriter that only my mom really appreciates.

No comments: