Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Already in Hollywood Baby

No, I'm still in Syracuse. That was in an e-mail from the class president, at the end. The final message. Say hi to Satan, honey.

If going to Syracuse has taught me anything, it's that this generation, for a large part, is made of success obsessed, culture-void maniacs who are chasing their dreams through the same channels of conglomerate ruled media rather than using new technology to bypass the corporate control. I mean, if you really got something to say, you probably shouldn't need a 40,000 dollar degree to prove it, especially in this day and age. Use that money to buy some good equipment, start your own production company. Drinks lots of coffee, spend hours at the brainstorming stage, put off getting to the machines. The minds a dangerous thing when it gets motivated. Sometimes I feel it's power flowing, and it's a good feeling. But I too had to get a degree. If I hadn't been so frightened, if I had been motivated by my own powers of creativity and said screw school, perhaps I would have saved a little dough.

Yeah. I was suckered too. Can I get my money back now?


But it's okay. People make mistakes. Just look at all the time and money they put into making that awful Speed Racer, when they could have fed the famines.

No comments: